Coenzyme Q10 (also known as ubiquinone, ubidecarenone, coenzyme Q, and abbreviated at times to CoQ10, Co.Q, Q10, or Q) is a benzoquinone, where Q refers to the quinone chemical group, and 10 refers to the isoprenyl chemical subunits. Apart from being a cofactor in the mitochondrial electron transport chain, CoQ10 in its reduced form (ubiquinol or CoQ10) serves as an important antioxidant in both mitochondria and lipid membranes, where it protects the body’s cells in their battle against the destructive effects of free-radicals.
- A natural defense against skin aging
- Improves the release of oxygen at the cellular level
- An important antioxidant in both mitochondria and lipid membranes
- Protects the body’s cells against the destructive effects of free-radicals
- CoQ10 is essential in vitamin E regeneration
- Very effective in dry skin conditions